The worst crime you can commit as a Web marketer is annoying your visitors. Poor user experience can lead to low conversion rates, poor rankings on Google and high page abandonment rates. Here is a list of 5 reasons visitors might hate your Website:
- It’s not mobile-friendly. Since more people browse on their phones than ever before, it’s no surprise that Google is penalizing Websites that are not optimized for mobile.
- It loads slowly. According to a KISSmetrics report, nearly 50% of consumers expect a Web page to load in under two seconds. Our attention spans are shortening, and if you don’t want people to leave your site because it takes too long to load, be sure to optimize for load speed.
- It bombards users with pop-ups. Disrupting the reading experience in any way is sure to annoy your visitors. Be sure to use pop-ups in moderation and use CTAs that delight (don’t guilt-trip!)
- It features auto-playing multimedia content. If someone is viewing your page in a quiet room and suddenly a video starts playing at full volume, chances are they’ll leave your page faster than they arrived. Let users choose whether or not to play multimedia content.
- It includes “click-baity” headlines. People do not like their curiosity taken advantage of. Titles that don’t match your content will anger your users and most likely cause them to abandon your site.
Be sure to keep up with our blog to learn how to create user-friendly Web pages that people will love!