With the New Year upon us, be on the lookout for revamped Websites with new design practices in 2018. Here are 5 new trends to watch for this year:
- Prioritizing mobile optimization. Google will be on the lookout for sites that are mobile-friendly and penalizing sites who are not.
- Irregular grid layouts. In 2018, expect to see a shift in designers’ use of more neutral space, which tends to create modern-looking layouts.
- Bold fonts & bright colors. People are spending less time on individual Web pages, so it’s becoming increasingly important to make your content stand out as much as possible.
- Advanced scroll triggered animations. Scrolled animation is what encourages users to keep reading by using interactive elements to increase engagement.
- Simple, functional, futuristic design. Designers will overall focus more on simplistic formats, styles, and technologies.