What Percentage of Your Budget Should Go Toward Marketing?
Understanding the importance of digital marketing is key for a business’s success, particularly in the home services industry. To make a solid plan for the short term, it’s important to keep an eye on where you’re heading in the long term. Nobody can say with 100% certainty what the future of marketing will look like, but looking at the trends can offer useful insights and predictions into some of the possibilities.
In this article, we’ll discuss the importance of a solid digital marketing plan and what trends to expect in the upcoming year. Looking at these trends and how to implement them will help position your home services company for success in 2022.
What Is Digital Marketing?
Digital marketing refers to all marketing strategies executed via the internet or aimed at electronic devices. This might include mobile devices, social media platforms and online environments.
Your home services business may also have physical and face-to-face marketing strategies, but you must support these with a digital approach. Without digital marketing, you may lose ground on your competitors. You may also miss out on opportunities for growth.
Upcoming Digital Marketing Trends for 2022
Learn more about some of the key trends in this area for 2022. We'll also offer some simple tips for incorporating these trends into your strategy.
Aligning With What Consumers Want
Home improvement projects have become more popular since the start of the pandemic. As Americans were forced to stay home in 2020, 76% of them made at least one improvement to their home across the year. As a home services provider, you should recognize this trend and advertise your services to complement or replace the DIY projects.
Many renovation projects are too big or complex for homeowners to complete on their own. Use marketing to position yourself as the expert that your customers need to meet their objectives.
Tips to Succeed
- Show empathy via digital marketing. Let your audience know you are here to help them succeed with their project.
- Research common home improvement projects in your area and market your services to align with these common aims.
Focusing on Environmental Sustainability
The proportion of Americans who "worry a great deal about global warming" or who believe "it will pose a serious threat in their own lifetime" has increased over the last five years.
The global pandemic has also heightened the general awareness of environmental issues with 72% of Americans believing that private companies should do more to make their products and services environmentally friendly. In addition, 34% of those surveyed made eco-friendly improvements to their homes. The desire for more environmental sustainability is becoming clearer, so be sure to address this with your marketing efforts.
Tips to Succeed
- Reach out to your customers and discover what they want to see from you— many customers will value an eco-friendlier approach.
- Work to make your services more environmentally sustainable and let your audience know this.
Diversifying Marketing Platforms
Digital marketing has shifted in recent years, expanding to new industries and customers. While old-age marketing efforts still have their place, many businesses are seeing success by increasing their digital efforts. We are in a digital age, with millions of products and services at our fingertips. It’s important to have a digital presence so that your customers can find you over your competition.
Tips to Succeed
- Be aware of what your target audience wants to see. Your ideal customer demographic may prefer to engage with your business via Instagram vs. Facebook.
- Integrate your marketing strategies across different platforms. For example, make sure your social media videos include calls-to-action (CTAs) that lead prospects toward conversion on your business website.
Optimizing Your Marketing Dollar
It's important to maximize your marketing budget with efforts that will bring success. It is estimated to be about five times more expensive to market to a new lead than it is to nurture an existing customer. This makes it more cost-effective to maximize the full lifecycle value you achieve from existing client groups.
Tips to Succeed
- Think about the service you offer. For home services providers, it may be possible to turn one-off ad hoc services into longer-term subscriptions. This will save your client money and hassle. It will also lock in a more regular income for your business.
- Remember, you are optimizing your marketing dollar, not replacing the old ways of marketing. You still need to focus on both ends of the marketing equation. This means bringing in new clients as well as fostering relationships with existing ones.
As we continue to navigate through uncharted territories in new ways to reach potential customers, be sure you are leveraging the absolute best from your marketing in 2022. Reach out to our team and connect with digital marketing services that will push your business to the next level.