Your Google My Business listing appears to be headed toward the upper tier of the most important Web Marketing tools in 2018, based on recent information we learned directly from Google reps earlier this month at LSA Chicago. Here's how that little panel on your search screen could grow your business this year...
Google recently announced quite a few changes to their My Business tool, including things like business descriptions, feature lists, and custom posts. Hint: These are all relevant to businesses like yours. Especially if ranking high in the Maps section of Google is a priority.
So to help, here are the 7 simple steps to claiming and optimizing your Google My Business listing:
- Search for your business on Google
- Ensure that it is verified -- if not, request verification
- Confirm your Business NAP (Name, Address and Phone Number) are correct
- List your hours of operation
- Choose a relevant business category
- Upload relevant images
- Build reviews
As always, if you'd like advice about this to-do list, Market Hardware is at your disposal. Give us a call at 888-381-6925, email us asking for some guidance, or schedule a goal-setting session below: